Monday, June 20, 2011

My Resolution


This resolution hangs on a wall in my home as well as in my office. It is a resolution that I have made to take full responsibility for my life as well as the life of my wonderful wife and precious children. I gave it to them yesterday for Father's Day. I felt impressed of the Lord to not only make this resolution, but to also speak a word of affirmation to my wife, Nichole, and to each one of our children. After affirming each one, I prayed a blessing over them, individually. It was very special, a day I will never forget and a day that I pray my children will see lived out everyday by their dad. With God's help, I plan to affirm my wife and children and pray a blessing over each one of them every Father's Day for the rest of my life and for His glory.

I was challenged to commit to this resolution from a movie that I have not even seen, Courageous, which will be in theatres starting September 30th. Be sure to click on the link to read a synopsis and watch a trailor of the movie by Sherwood Pictures, a ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, GA --the makers of Flywheel, Facing the Giants, and Fireproof. My wife and I are looking forward to the privielge of prescreening the movie with my wife and church staff and their wives next Thursday. There is a scene in the movie that I cannot wait to see where men make the same resolution I have made to be the spiritual leaders in their homes. Throughout the movie they display heroic acts of courage on behalf of citizens in their community, but their most courageous moment comes when they choose to stand as men and take responsibility for their own lives and the lives of their families.

I have been looking forward to seeing Courageous because I believe it wll be what I need to encourage me as a man to lead spiritually not only my wife and children, but the church I pastor and the community I live in. But, more than seeing a movie such as Courageous on the screne, I want to live this resolution in real, everyday life before my Father in heaven, my family at home, and the future that is here.

I completely understand that to be able to live up to this commitment, I will need my Master, my mate, and other men. If you are a man and reading this post I encourage you to make the same resolution for your family. Let's see this become a movement in hearts and homes all across America and not just a scene in a movie!


My
RESOLUTION

I DO solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself,
Nichole, and Madison, Morgan, Mallory, Meghan, Joshua, Stephen, and Maleah.

I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them
the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.

I WILL be faithful to my wife, Nichole, to love and honor her,
and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.

I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with
all of their hearts, all of their minds, all of their soul, and all of their strength.

I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly.

I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.

I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.

I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.

I WILL forgive those who have wronged me
and reconcile with those I have wronged.

I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins,
and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.

I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to
His church, obey His Word, and do His will.

I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides
to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory.


Keith A. Boggs
On Father’s Day the 19th day of JUNE in the year 2011


As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15



1 comment: