Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Healthy Living...Mama's Red Raspberry Brew!

Mama's Red Raspberry Brew


I am guessing that for about 4 years now I have been reading and researching the world of herbal alternatives as treatment for many things. It has been interesting and also empowering as a mom to know that I can help ease pain and discomfort and also aid in the healing process by learning what herbs help what ailments. For me, it has been affirmation in my faith in God. Just knowing that He has created all of these things with a purpose in mind for man whom He loves.

I still have a long way to go and a lot of times when something comes up that the kids or myself is dealing with I will pull out my herbal books and get online with a couple of trusted websites. One company in particular is the Bulk Herb Store. You can visit them at http://www.bulkherbstore.com. I have bought most of my herbs, salves, bottles, etc... from there. I enjoy their website and magazine. It is very informative for the beginner. They will teach you how to do teas, tinctures, salves, etc.

When I was pregnant with Stephen, who is our sixth child, I began to drink their herbal mix for pregnant women. I was very faithful drinking up to 4 cups a day. When I gave birth to Stephen the doctor's and nurses commented how amazing it was that I lost such little amounts of blood. I continued to drink it for a few weeks as everything healed and got back to normal. With Maleah, who is our seventh child, I was not as faithful. For me it was 3-4 cups one day and then I would go several days without drinking it. You know how you can get on to something you think works and then take it for granted and think maybe that wasn't it at all? Well, we will never really know, but I lost a lot of blood with Maleah. It quickly got under control, so I decided not to go to the hospital (we had a homebirth) for the blood to be replaced and let the body do it's thing in replenishing itself. It took a full month for complete recovery. So, what do you think I am doing this time? Drinking that tea as if there is no tomorrow!!

Ultimately my life and the life of the baby is in God's hands, but He does give us knowledge and wisdom in doing certain things that will only help us. In this mix is red raspberry leaf, alfalfa, nettle, and peppermint. It is actually refreshing to drink hot or cold with a little raw honey added for sweetness. For a more in depth study of the herbs, you can check it out here at http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Mamas-Red-Raspberry-Brew_Organic

Blessings to you as you explore the world of herbs,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment