Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family Logistics and Proverbs 31


I am going through the book, "Large Family Logistics" right now. It is written by a mother of nine children. Keith bought it for me a couple of months ago. It has been refreshing and so helpful with the management of our home. I love it because it starts with getting our priorities straight according to God's Word, highlighting Proverbs 31. I believe this book would benefit the large and the small family. It would also help the wife-to-be and the wife with no children. So, the title of the posts will simply be "Family Logistics". As I go through the different chapters, I would like to share my insights and may it be a help to you as it has been for me.

I want to encourage all women to read again Proverbs 31:10-31. Find a good commentary that will not shy away from the true meaning of the words. I am encouraged and challenged every time I read it. I have had many women tell me that it is overwhelming and they accept defeat with an "oh well" attitude that seemingly does nothing to begin to make a change.  I don't know if I have ever felt that way. Maybe I should, because God knows that I have a long way to go as I attain to become this kind of woman. For me, it has been an affirmation of what a godly woman should look like and it is not unreachable for any of us. No matter our background or our circumstances now, may this passage not bring on defeat, but may it instill a passion within us that will cause a commitment to let God begin to make us and shape us into the kind of woman He desires us to be.

Kim Brenneman, the author of the book, did say something that I found enlightening when addressing the scripture "She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." She said, "We might not have flesh-and-blood maidens, but we do have mechanical maidens via our clothes washer, crockpots, etc." So, there goes that excuse!! Can you imagine all that keeping the home entailed before electricity and modern conveniences?!

As we get a fresh understanding and a new commitment to managing our home and family God's way, then we can move on to the specifics.

Next week we will talk about Family Logistics and Setting Goals.

Thankful that God doesn't leave me the way I am,

Nichole

1 comment: