Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baby Countdown and The Word

Today marks 2 weeks left until the due date!      Our hope is not on a certain date, but it does give an idea of when to expect this little one. Did I mention that typically we go over the due date? Like 10 days to 2 weeks over. I am praying that doesn't happen, but also trying to trust in God's perfect timing...even if it means 4 more weeks of this condition!

I met with the midwife this morning and everything is looking great. Baby is in perfect position. My iron had gone up almost an entire point!! Yay for Iron Infusion!! I was so hoping to see results other than just feeling better, so I could say that it really works. I am so thankful for God's creation and the knowledge that people have to steer us toward healing and nourishing herbs.

I have felt some anxiety and nervousness over the last few weeks about the labor and delivery with this child. Fear too. I know that by choosing to go natural again, that it will bring with it discomfort and pain. Along with that, is just the simple "unknown" of every birth. I needed to distinguish if this was fear from the enemy or was this something from the Lord. I have asked many to pray with me about the situation. It seemed that all the outside circumstances had unfolded for us to plan a home birth in a positive way. But yet,  the feelings that I was experiencing was stripping away all confidence.

I know that the Bible teaches that when our hope is placed in Christ and our mind is fixed on Him, that we can experience His peace that passes all understanding. I have been purposefully reading scripture in light of our upcoming situation. And with that, the Lord has been faithful to help me prepare spiritually for the birth of this precious gift. This will in no doubt be the most important preparation of all. I know that I need His strength and provision. I am so thankful that I can call on Him. So, I want to share just a few of those passages that I plan to have on hand with me. I want to acknowledge the One who breathes life into us and sustains us until the day He calls us home. I know this child has a purpose and His plan is for him or her is to glorify Him.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"...he sent me... to grant them....the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit....that he may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:1-3

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
Luke 11:13

These are just a few that I have benefited from reading and applying. My prayer is to have several written down and taken with me during the labor. I want to meditate on His Word. That is how I pray this baby will enter into the world....with his/her mother speaking God's truth over him.

Thankful for the peace that has come in knowing I am walking hand in hand with the Father,

Nichole

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up sweet Friend, praying for you all the while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Giving birth is actually the part that I look forward to the most during pregnancy :) The feeling of accomplishment and the power of a woman's body are amazing! But I totally understand the fear part too. And only 2 weeks til you're due! My sister is due the same time, and we can hardly wait to meet her little one :)

    ReplyDelete