Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Herban Virgin Mojito


Here is a healthy way to get fresh herbs that are full of vitamins and nutrients, high in antioxidants, and has blood purifying qualities into your diet. I got the recipe from the Bulk Herb Store. They send out weekly emails with herbal tips and recipes. They are promoting their soon-to-be DVD release of "Making Babies" (I already know what you are thinking....we don't need help in that area). BUT, it not only addresses help in conceiving, but has lots of information on having a healthy pregnancy and baby. "Basil, an aromatic herb belonging to the mint family, contains many antiviral substances. In traditional Indian medicine, it is used as a remedy for relieving cramps, headaches, fever, cold, indigestion, nausea, and more."  A quote from the Bulk Herb Store Newsletter.

I have now made this drink twice and I enjoy it. Most of the kids really like it, so I have to share. What is really neat about these ingredients is that when we moved here someone already had a mint garden going, so all I have to do is go to my backyard and wahlah....organic mint! I am assuming it is organic. I have no clue if it has ever been sprayed with chemicals or what kind of fertilizer has been used.

I didn't tweak this recipe a bit. It is a good one. Give it a try:))

Herban Virgin Mojito

2 limes
1/4 cup basil
1/2 cup mint
2 cups sparkling water
1/4 - 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
Ice
Garnish

1. Wash limes. Cut one into quarters. Juice the other.
2. Blend lime juice, remaining lime, basil, mint, sparkling water, and honey on high speed for one minute.
3. Strain drink from pulp, add ice and garnish, and enjoy!

Serves two or one mama and several begging children.

Thankful for the fresh mint growing in the yard,
Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment