Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What is Teeccino?


A few months back when I found out that we were expecting again, I knew that I needed to cut back on my coffee intake. I am a lover of a cup of creamy, slightly sweetened coffee. My husband and I actually prefer the taste of Dunkin' Donuts coffee far above Starbucks. I had received an email from a friend citing the deliciously organic's blog that had homemade creamer recipes on there. While looking, I saw this yummy cup of coffee and read where the blogger actually used Teeccino instead of coffee.

I took a little extra time to look up Teeccino and what it consisted of. It was supposedly a noncaffenated alternative to coffee. It is also called Mediterranean Herbal Coffee. The ingredients for the Java are organic carob, organic barley, organic chicor, dates, almonds, chicory, natural coffee flavor, organic figs. Interesting combination, huh?  I wasn't sold on it and certainly didn't want to waste our money on something that was going to get thrown away.

Well, long story short I am in Bread Beckers and I come across small packets of the different varieties of Teeccino. I bring home the mocha and the java packet. I brew it according to package directions in our coffee maker, put in a little cream, a little sucanat with honey and expect the worse. I am delighted to tell you that after the first sip and then many sips I am completely sold on Teeccino. I have stopped drinking coffee, except for an occassional cup (I will always enjoy coffee). I did have slight headaches for a few days, even though I was only consuming about 3/4 of a cup of coffee a day. Those headaches are gone now and so is the guilt that I felt in knowingly consuming something that may be harmful to the unborn baby.

I really do enjoy the taste. Some may not. But, if you are interested in cutting out coffee for whatever reasons, I would recommend that you atleast give it a try.

Another good thing about Teeccino is that I can drink it in the middle of the day, before bedtime, etc... and not have to worry about it affecting me or the baby.

You can order it online, with the Bread Beckers, or your closest Whole Foods store.

Thankful for my cup of strong coffee bite softened with a slight sweetness,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment