Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Standing Ovation...for my mom



Yesterday my mom and dad left to head back down south. My mother had been with us an entire month. Daddy was ready to get her back with him. It will only be a little over 2 wks. before we see them this next time. Our family Christmas will be on into the middle of January.

Right before they left mama had gone to take Maleah to the bathroom and I told everyone to let's clap and cheer for Granna for all she has done for us and show our gratitude when she comes back in the room.  I gave them permission to be as loud as they wanted to be. Finally she came in and everyone stood to their feet and clapped and cheered.

Keith leaned over to me and said, "Look at Mallory". When I looked at her she had turned away and so I looked back at Keith with a puzzled look that said "What?" With tears in his eyes he told me she was crying. As we sat down Mallory kept her head slightly turned away and was wiping tears off her cheeks with the sleeve of her sweater. And now we were all three crying. Mallory had been moved by the love she had for her Granna.

You might ask why all the fuss when you will be seeing them soon? I think we all realize how special our moments together were. We will never get those moments back again. We will have the memories. And even those won't tell everything in its entirety. You see, Granna cooked, cleaned, bathed, swept, and washed. She read, colored, soothed, laughed, talked, and corrected. She loved in a way that was sacrificial and spiritual with its intentions. What child does not know what that is, even if they can't put it into words.

Our children will never forget..... and an investment has been made for generations to come.

So, a great big HIP-HIP-HOORAY for my mother (and sweet daddy) and our children's Granna!!

Thankful for witnessing an example of a spirit of servanthood from our Lord,

Nichole

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Such a special and wonderful gift she gave you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU FOR ALL THESE KIND WORDS...I WAS THE BLESSED ONE DURING MY TIME WITH YOU ALL AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE FOR ANYTHING I MAY HAVE DONE! I LOVE YOU MALLORY FOR WHO YOU ARE AND TO WHOM YOU ARE BECOMING! I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH...LOOKING TO SEE YOU ALL SOON. WITH A FULL HEART, MOM/GRANNA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. She is a special granna.

    ReplyDelete