Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Daddy is Home

I am thankful that our children love their daddy.

Madison said she couldn't wait until daddy came home and she would stay up no matter how late to see him arrive.

Morgan said she missed her daddy very much.

It was obvious that Mallory did as well.

Meghan said that staying up until 2 a.m. was nothing if it meant seeing daddy.  

Joshua told his daddy, "I wish you could stay here forever."

Stephen, while sucking his thumb and playing with his ear, nodded and smiled when I asked him if he was ready to see daddy.

Maleah, barely awake, wrapped her chubby little arm around her daddy's neck in the wee morning hours and gave him a precious hug.

Tears come to my eyes as I thank God for bringing him safely home to us.

He is a part of us. He completes and compliments us. The whole family just works better when he is around.
Life is simply sweeter when he is here. 

Nichole

I am glad to be home after being in El Salvador on a mission trip to minister to pastors and churches from Central America. When my responsibilities were over, all of my my attention turned immediately to my wife and children. All I could think about was seeing each one them and I couldn't wait to get to the airport and get on that plane and fly to the United States of America.

But, things got a little difficult since the flight out of San Salvador, El Salvador was delayed an hour, which meant that I missed my 8:30 PM flight from Atlanta to Jacksonville. Finally though, I caught the 9:50 PM flight to Jacksonville and landed just before midnight. I still had another hour ride home from the airport. I missed my family. I missed each and everyone of them so much and could not wait to see them.

Nichole had told me they would ALL be waiting up on me. I didn't expect to see Maleah up, not even Stephen or Joshua. But I was sure that Madison, Morgan, Mallory, and Meghan would be awake and I would hear them say, "WELCOME HOME!" just as soon as I opened the door. I couldn't wait to see them!!!

Well, when I got home it was obvious that they weren't awake. As a matter of fact they were scattered all over the living room floor, the couch, and recliner. Just seeing that they tried to stay awake made the homecoming very special. To top it all off, I walked right into my wife's arms... a place like no other!

I look forward to sharing about the mission project in El Salvador in the next day or two. Please pray for the people in that country as there is some unrest among the citizens. But one thing is for sure, God is at work and it was a blessing to join Him in what He is doing in that part of the world.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment