Friday, November 5, 2010

Meet Joshua Spencer! #5

Howdy! I am Joshua... also called J-Man. I am 4 years old and approaching 5 as fast as I can. I am the first boy in my family and it has been a tough task, but I've got help with my little brother, Stephen, you'll meet him next week.

Anyway, let me tell you a little about myself. I love to play ball, any kind of ball. I played Upward soccer for the first time this past year and loved it. I went all season without scoring a goal until the last game. I finally got the hang of it and scored twice. I like the "golf" ball, the "base" ball, the "foot" ball, the "soccer" ball... and probably other balls as I grow older. As a matter of fact, I like having a "ball." I like being outside and love to ride my bike and play with my daddy's stuff (tools, flashlight, hunting and fishing equipment, etc).

I also like to go hunting and fishing with my dad. I do pretty good sitting quietly and still. My favorite colors are red and black. I love to eat chicken-n-dumplings and chocolate chip muffins. One of my favorite things to do is to watch the garden grow and to pick the vegetables when it is time... waiting on the vegetables to grow is hard though.

Just a note from mama and daddy:
Joshua is a charmer for sure. He probably talked the earliest out of all the children. His vocabulary was big and very clear. This always attracted attention and Joshua has always loved attention. You know that kid that does something over and over and over just to hear you laugh one more time? That is Joshua. When we have a guest in our home for meal time, we have no need to worry for lack of conversation. He will talk to anyone. Especially senior adults. We love to see him carry on conversation with these special people. He is about the cutest thing with sandy blond hair and big blue eyes. He seems to have a small frame compared to other children his age. His spirit makes up for his size. We love to see Joshua get excited. His laugh is contagious. The biggest thing that we are trying to work on with Joshua is to teach him to be a "winner" and not a "whiner". It is a work in progress! Our prayer is that God would raise up another Joshua like one spoken of in the Old Testament. His name means, "God is Salvation." Every night at bedtime he refuses to sleep until his daddy and his mama come in to pray for him. Please join us as we pray that God would save Joshua at an early age and use him to take the Gospel to the ends of the Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment