Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wisdom spoke to me this morning

" A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger."

Today I refuse to let circumstances make me speak harshly.

"The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good."

It is true. God does see everything I do. May it please Him.

"A wholesome tongue is a tree of life..."

Instead of being harsh, I will speak life.

"In the house of the righteous there is much treasure..."

As I strive toward righteousness in all things, I am a wealthy woman.

"But He loves him who follows righteousness."

Not only am I wealthy, but greatly loved.

"A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance."

Oh God, give me a glad heart so those I love will find peace and joy in my countenance.

"But he who is of a merry heart has a continual feast."

No matter the affliction, I can be filled with Your glory and Your abundance.

"Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a fatted calf with hatred."

Love never fails and will make our meals a delight as long as we are together in love.

"A wise son makes a father glad."

God, give our boys godly wisdom.

"Folly is a joy to him who is destitute of discernment."

I pray something I never thought of until now, discernment for my children.

"And a word spoken in due season, how good it is."

I will refrain from speaking until you say, "speak".

"But the words of the pure are pleasant.'

And when I speak, may they come from a pure heart.

"He hears the prayer of the righteous."

I can only be righteous in you and only you can answer my prayers.

"The ear that hears the rebukes of life will abide among the wise."

Am I looking and watching? Have I learned from the past? The rebukes of life are everywhere.

"And before honor is humility."

I will choose humility today. You say pride is an abomination. How many times have I been an abomination to you? Rid me of pride and may I know every day, every moment is a gift from you.

Nichole

Proverbs 15 in quotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment